University Teacher of Jazz Contrabass
Publish Date: 30.11.2018
Category: Job vacancies
PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
University of Ljubljana, Academy of Music, Stari trg 34, Ljubljana, Slovenia
UNIVERSITY TEACHER at the Department of strings instruments and other instruments with strings as a teacher of jazz contrabass
for an unlimited period of time with a 50 per cent short-time work
Conditions for the position:
- doctoral degree in the field of music or the recognition of significant artistic work in the field of music composition and music performance
- valid habilitation title assistant professor/associate professor/full professor of jazz contrabass
- knowledge of Slovenian and English language; Fluency of the English language and the Slovenian language Level B2 - in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) – of the Slovene language is required. If the requirement is not met, in case of favourable decision by the selection board, the candidate has to comply with the condition within three years after the beginning of employment;
- rhetoric abilities, inventiveness, organisational abilities and communicative nature
Fulfil the conditions for obtaining a habilitation for university teacher - assistant professor / associate professor / full professor in the field of of jazz contrabass. In this case, it is necessary to submit, together with the application, proofs of fulfillment of the quantitative and qualitative criteria for election to the title or for recognition of the title in accordance with the criteria. The candidate must also include a statement that he/she agrees that in the event of a favourable decision of the selection board, his/her application is also considered as an application for election to the title or for recognition of the title. The title must be formally obtained before concluding an employment contract;
Short job description:
- Designing and updating of curriculum and adaptation of university and higher education study programmes,
- organization and co-organization of all activities relevant to the execution of study courses in accordance with curriculums and developments in the professional field, coordination of work and control over the work of other teaching staff (assistants, technical and other staff),
- lectures for students, conduct of seminars and other pedagogical activities on the subject at undergraduate and post-graduate study programmes,
- guidance of research work and other study activities of students and mentoring for students in their seminary papers, diploma theses and other work,
- artistic and scientific research work, study and development of concepts, theories and methods.
- care for safe and healthy work of the employees and students in the unit, for adequate education and instructions to users of personal protection equipment and other safety measures,
- performing other tasks from the wider professional area of the job.
Publication date: deadline 60 days, until 30.11.2018 do 29.1.2019.
Applications should be sent to: UL, Akademija za glasbo, Stari trg 34, 1000 Ljubljana.
Contact person at the Academy of Music:
First name and surname: Mojca Žugelj Marič
Telephone number: 01 – 2 4 2 7 3 06