Postdoctoral Fellowship in Economics
Call for Applications for Postdoctoral Fellowship
Singapore Longitudinal EArly Development Study (SG LEADS) : Pre-school Attendance Component
The position is intended for outstanding active researchers from around the world to work on a longitudinal study on childhood development in Singapore hosted by the NUS Centre for Family and Population Research (CFPR). The Postdoctoral Fellow will work closely with A/P Jessica Pan and A/P Walter Theseira in experiment/questionnaire design, conducting analysis, and writing of reports and publications.
- A PhD in a social science discipline from a recognized university, preferably in Economics
- Research interest and expertise in the domain of family and children. Preference will be given to those who focus on any of the following areas: early childhood development, school readiness, and school attendance.
- Possesses strong quantitative research skills and good publication record.
- Candidates who have experience working on field experiments (e.g RCTs) and familiarity with longitudinal data analysis are preferred. Experience with survey design and implementation would also be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
The fellowship will also provide support for conference organization and/or attendance (on application and subject to approval).
Terms and Conditions
The appointment will be tenable for a period of one year at the first instance with a possibility for extension. Projected date of commencement: May 2019 or earlier
The fellowship comes with a competitive remuneration and benefits package, depending on the candidate’s qualifications, track record, potential and experience.
Other benefits that the University provides and other information about working in NUS and living in Singapore are available at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/potentialhires/index.html. Terms and conditions, according to university guidelines, are subject to change without prior notice.
Invitation to apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications, consisting of:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- A research statement (max of 3 pages)
- Recommendation letters from 4 referees, 1 of whom should be the PhD supervisor (with letterhead and signature)
- NUS Personal Particulars and Personal Data Consent forms for Job Applicants
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
All applications and enquiries should be sent to Lori Jane Pasaraba via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “SG LEADS Application for Postdoc for Cross-Cultural Families – name of applicant”. Please label your documents with the content of the document and your surname, e.g. 1. CV_surname, 2. Research Statement_surname.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email.
For more on NUS, please visit click here
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellowship in Economics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly