Postdoctoral Fellowship - Geography, Sociology or Social Work
Call for Applications for Postdoctoral Fellowship
Singapore Longitudinal EArly Development Study (SG LEADS) : Cross-cultural Families Component
The position is intended for outstanding active researchers from around the world to work on a longitudinal study on childhood development hosted by the NUS Centre for Family and Population Research (CFPR). The Postdoctoral Fellow will work closely with Professor Brenda Yeoh and Associate Professor Shirlena Huang in an ethnographic study on the consequences of cross-cultural low-income family environments for family functioning and child development in terms of sociopsychological well-being, early childhood experience and health. The successful candidate will be involved in conducting and coordinating interviews, data analysis and writing of manuscripts for reports and publications.
- A PhD in a social science discipline from a recognised university, preferably in Geography, Sociology or Social Work
- Research interest and expertise in international marriage, cross-cultural parenting, family and migration dynamics, family functioning and child development.
- Strong research skills and a good publication record.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and converse in Chinese and Vietnamese is preferred, but not required.
The fellowship will also provide support for conference organisation and/or attendance (on application and subject to approval).
Terms and Conditions
The appointment will be tenable for a period of one year at the first instance with a possibility for extension. Projected date of commencement: early 2019
The fellowship comes with a competitive remuneration and benefits package, depending on the candidate’s qualifications, track record, potential and experience.
Other benefits that the University provides and other information about working in NUS and living in Singapore are available at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/potentialhires/index.html. Terms and conditions, according to university guidelines, are subject to change without prior notice.
Invitation to apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications, consisting of:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- A research statement (max of 3 pages)
- Recommendation letters from 4 referees, 1 of whom should be the PhD supervisor (with letterhead and signature)
- NUS Personal Particulars and Personal Data Consent forms for Job Applicants
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
All applications and enquiries should be sent to Lori Jane Pasaraba via email@example.com with the subject “SG LEADS Application for Postdoc for Cross-Cultural Families – name of applicant”. Please label your documents with the content of the document and your surname, e.g. 1. CV_surname, 2. Research Statement_surname.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellowship - Geography, Sociology or Social Work
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly