Lecturer in Pathology
Closing Date 14-Dec-2018
This position involves teaching basic and systemic pathology to programmes in Health Science and MBBS students (and post graduate students).
The appointee is to:
- Deliver lectures and Practical sessions in Pathology course.
- Deliver tutorial sessions to ensure students’ understanding of the course is maximised.
- Liaise and work with laboratory demonstrators in regards to preparation and delivery of pathology practical sessions.
- Prepare assessments and marking of assessments.
- Assist in other teaching if need arises.
- Guide and supervise students’ research and ensure students’ align their research according to CMNHS research policy and to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Review and improve the courses to keep up to recent advances in Pathology.
- Provide academic counselling and guidance in the courses taught.
- Conduct research/supervise staff/student research.
- Teach Clinical practice
- Master’s degree in relevant field with Basic Medical Degree (MBBS) and more than 5 years in Clinical pathology practice.
- Research active
- Formal tertiary teaching qualification OR
- Prior teaching experience in the relevant field
Salary An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
College/Division College of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences
Department School of Health Sciences
Location Suva – Hoodless House
Num x 1