Manager, Policy and Governance Projects
1 day left
- Full Time
STRATEGIC AND GOVERNANCE SERVICES CENTRE
ONGOING, FULL TIME (HEW 9)
As part of the Strategic and Governance Services Centre (SGSC) at ECU, the Policy and Governance Projects team is responsible for high level policy development and advisory work focussed on institutional compliance and academic quality and standards requirements. This includes leading the ongoing development and review of the University’s academic, research and enterprise level policies and legislation and leading strategic governance, quality assurance and continuous improvement projects and initiatives to support the achievement of the University’s strategic plans and objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager with significant demonstrated knowledge of higher education policy and governance to join ECU to lead this team. Working closely with the Director, SGSC across the functional areas of the Centre as required, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with senior leaders at ECU, at a strategic level.
The Manager, Policy & Governance Projects reports into the Director, Strategic and Governance Services Centre. This is a challenging role for a high performing individual to work in a rewarding environment.
The primary functions of this position are to:
- Lead specific high level and/or complex projects in collaboration with other areas of SGSC and/or other areas of the University to support policy development or to implement strategic governance initiatives on a local or University-wide basis.
- Be responsible for the ongoing development and review of academic and other significant institutional policies, legislation, guidelines and standards in accordance with University priorities and methodology to optimise the achievement of University strategic plans and objectives.
- Operate in an advisory capacity to the University senior leadership team, other senior staff and the broader University community on the University policy framework, academic and corporate governance policies and matters.
- Provide leadership, through the policy framework, for University compliance with relevant Government legislation including the Higher Education Standards Framework, in relation to governance and assurance requirements.
- Lead, motivate and manage a team of policy and governance projects advisers to deliver high quality outcomes that meet Centre and University requirements.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full-time ongoing position attracts remuneration of $115,306 - $120,658 plus 17% University superannuation contribution. Generous relocation services available for the successful candidate if appropriate.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Jo Quinn on 08 6304 2016 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position.
Applications close on Sunday 12th December 2018 at 11:30pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.