Lecturer in Prosthetics and Orthotics, Teaching Focused
1 day left
- Full Time
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at the Bundoora Campus
- $92,248 - $109,258 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Prosthetics and Orthotics Discipline is responsible for a number of courses including: Bachelor or Applied Science and Master of Clinical Prosthetics and Orthotics (double degree) as well as the graduate entry Masters of Clinical Prosthetics and Orthotics.
About the position
This position will contribute to the teaching within the Prosthetics and Orthotics courses at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus; primarily the design, coordination and delivery of the prosthetics curriculum related to transtibial, transfemoral and/or upper extremity amputation. The successful applicant will also be expected to contribute to the administrative functions of the discipline.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Completion of a Bachelor Degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics with demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and the ability to design, deliver and coordinate subjects.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high quality, contemporary, prosthetic service consistent with a Grade 3 appointment, a Grade 2 appointment with significant experience would be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Membership of the Australian Orthotic and Prosthetic Association is desirable.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 16 December 2018 by 11.55pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Sarah Anderson, +61 3 9479 1662, firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.