Lecturer in Physics, Teaching Focused
- Full-time, fixed term contract for 6 months
- Located at the Bundoora Campus
- $92,248 - $109,258 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the position
This position is located in the Department of Chemistry and Physics in the School of Molecular Sciences with teaching responsibilities in Physics with a particular emphasis on synchrotron science, and will involve developing and delivering undergraduate and postgraduate physics subjects. This position is available for a fixed-term contract for 6 months to commence teaching in Semester 1, with the possibility of extension.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- PhD degree or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes.
- Evidence of innovative initiatives undertaken in the last three years that have improved the student experience, and the evaluation of effectiveness of these initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the teaching practice of others and to engage with the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
- Broad-based expertise in synchrotron field is desirable.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 16 December 2018 by 11.55pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Narelle Brack, +61 3 9479 3808, firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
Only candidates with working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.