Senior Researcher in Immune Therapy
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Oncology-Pathology, Group Mattsson
At the Department of Oncology-Pathology basic, translational and clinical research and educational activities related to cancer is carried out. Approximately 300 people from over 40 nations are currently working at the department. 37 research groups with various cancer research profiles are involved and we have around 120 PhD students. The Department of Oncology-Pathology is responsible for undergraduate courses in Pathology, Oncology and Forensic Medicine for medical students, as well as for Tumor biology courses for biomedicine students and Pathology courses for opticians.
Research group Jonas Mattsson
The position resides in the research group of Professor Jonas Mattsson. Ongoing research interests are new treatment modalities for patients with cancer. Pr. Jonas Mattsson’s group focuses in developing and implementing new cell therapies and therefore puts considerable emphasis on translating basic research findings to patient care.
Qualifications of the applicant and duties
The position will involve an opportunity to co-lead the day-to-day work in the group at the Department of Oncology Pathology at the Karolinska Institutet. The research projects are carried out in close collaboration with, clinics and other academic research groups, which requires great cooperation with different actors. Experience from international environments and collaborations is an advantage.
The candidate is expected to carry out project management tasks such as contributing to grant writing, planning budgeting and reporting, monitoring of deliverables and milestones in a project, as well as interacting with all the research, clinical and industrial partners. The successful candidate should therefore be an independent, creative and motivated individual with a documented ability to carry out experimental research, but also skilled in project management and leadership, grant writing and reporting, and excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
To qualify as a research fellow, you have to have obtained a doctorate or have equivalent scientific competence, as well as documented research work after dissertation corresponding to qualification as an assistant professor.
- PhD in Immunology. Experience of T cell immunology and CAR T cell therapy is a prerequisite for the position
- Qualified for GMP work is a prerequisite for the position
- Extensive experience of cell culture techniques, cell modification by genetic engineering
- Experience in writing documentation for clinical trial application
- Knowledge of Laboratory Animal Science, Swedish legislation and Ethics, animal welfare and 3R
- FELASA certificate
- Experience in project management and leadership
- Doctoral supervisor training
Application must contain the following documents in English or Swedish:
- A complete curriculum vitae, including date of the thesis defense, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
- Verifications for crediting of illness, military service, work for labor unions or student organizations, parental leave or similar circumstances
- Verification from the thesis defense committee or the equivalent (only if the thesis defense is scheduled within three months after the application.
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
At Karolinska Institutet a 6-month trial period is required for all permanent appointments.
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities. Its vision is to significantly contribute to the improvement of human health. Karolinska Institutet accounts for the single largest share of all academic medical research conducted in Sweden and offers the country’s broadest range of education in medicine and health sciences.
The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet selects the Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine.
Pursuant to the regulations of the Swedish National Archives, applications are kept on file for two years after the appointment has gained legal force. The regulations do not apply to attachments that have been printed or otherwise published.
Karolinska Institutet strives to provide a workplace that has approximately the same number of women and men, is free of discrimination and offers equal opportunity to everyone.
For temp agencies and recruiters, and to salespersons: We politely, yet firmly, decline direct contact with temp agencies and recruiters, as well as those selling additional job announcements.
Type of employment Permanent position
Contract type Full time
First day of employment April 2019
Number of positions 1
Working hours 100%
County Stockholms län
Reference number 2-6725/2018
Jonas Mattsson, Jonas.Mattsson@ki.se
Helen Eriksson, OFR, 08 517 762 79
Andreas Lundqvist, SACO, 08 517 768 84, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date 08.Dec.2018 11:59 PM CET