Clinical Nurse, Home Health Admission
Plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
- Plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care and act
- Assist in the development and implementation of general policies and responses.
- Provide direction and guidance in the proper use, care and control of with physician orders and established policies and procedures to include collecting and analyzing patient data, developing and implementing nursing care plans, establishing interpersonal relationships with patients,
- Evaluating nursing care given and communicating to proper personnel relevant facts about patients, action taken and patient as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or an entire unit as assigned. material resources; appraise quality and effectiveness of material and equipment and report results to head nurse; maintain standards of cleanliness in assigned areas.
- Observe activities of nursing staff and make recommendations to nursing management for improvement in the quality and effectiveness of nursing care given. procedures designed to effect efficiency of operations. Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed practical nurse and Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements and their families
- Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing process Ability to use fine motor skills Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients
- Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
- Ability to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients Ability to remain focused and organized
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate JCAHO and other Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedure regulatory requirements plan of care
- Ability to use computer and learn new software programs Ability to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing designated by work area
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, Able to document and communicate pertinent information using computer healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others
Click here for more information Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required: Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking NCA Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status and/or paper documentation tools routine and special treatments to patients Level Characteristics N/A
Requisition Number: 401508656
Duke Entity: DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE
Job Code: 5402 CLINICAL SERVICES NURSE II
Job Family Level: E2
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
- Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
- Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required.
Auto req: ID106045BR