Ambulatory Nurse,Children Consultative Service
DUKE CHILDREN’S SPECIALTY SERVICES OF RALEIGH
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in a multi-specialty ambulatory Pediatric clinic setting in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
1. Clinic duties may include but not limited to:
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in a multi-specialty ambulatory
- Pediatric setting, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager or HCA.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Make ordering requests to NM.
- Specific duties include: Intake patients and recording vital signs Administer oral, IM, subcutaneous and intradermal medications
- Obtain and transmit 12 lead EKGs Rotate between the different Pediatric specialties: Allergy/Immunology, Pulmonary, Cardiology, Endocrine, Gastroenterology, Urology, Nephrology, Pediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Genetics, Infectious Disease and maintain competencies to work in these areas
- Maintain POCT competencies
- Assist in the maintenance of the physical environment of the clinic
- Assist other nursing personnel (licensed and unlicensed) in the delivery of patient care – delegating tasks and supervising activities
- Assisting physicians with procedures (Circumcisions, Anorectal Manometry)
- Performing patient testing when necessary (Allergy skin testing, Pulmonary Function testing, POCT)
- Participate and evaluate the effectiveness of patient and family teaching
- Complete RL6 when necessary
2. Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
3. Participate in clinic educational opportunities and clinic staff meetings
4. Actively participates in clinic committees
5. Participates in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Pediatric experience is preferred.
- Ambulatory care experience is preferred
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, health care team, physicians, administrators, leadership and other.
- Competent in BLS
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
- Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
- Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required. Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number: 401523834
Duke Entity: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code: 4180 AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II
Job Family Level: E1
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Auto req: ID107340BR