Graduate Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Developer
KTP Associate, BASEMAP
Surrey Business School
Salary: £30,000 to £33,000 per annum
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Wednesday 02 January 2019
Interview Date: See advert
Are you a Machine Learning graduate interested in developing and testing a logistics management routing software tool? Are you ready to take responsibly for delivering a strategic and innovative project?
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to accelerate your career in industry while applying your technical know-how gained through academic study in a real-world context.
Having a background in Machine Learning, Operational Research and AI, you will be responsible for developing a holistic logistics management routing software tool, which combines scheduling and routing with critical vehicle and environmental performance factors. This task will require you to apply sound theoretical knowledge and principles in to a real-world situations and to perform scientific assessments of what is realistically deliverable within a software environment. You will identify (potential weaknesses?) and resolve any technical issues and providing technical solutions, thus, developing innovative data solutions that demand skills in integrating algorithm design and software development. Therefore, the successful candidate should possess the following: -
Technical criteria - Essential:
- MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Operational Research or a similar area
- Experience/understanding of practical applications of Machine Learning and AI
- Strong skill in R, or Python, C++/Java or other OO language;
Technical criteria - Desirable:
- A PhD in machine learning, computer science, artificial intelligence
- Interest/Knowledge/Past experience in Electric Vehicles or Transport scheduling
- Operational Research – Vehicle Routing, TSP, optimisations (LP, IP)
- Written & spoken English of an excellent quality
- Self-starter who will perform beyond the bounds of the immediate task set, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
Based at Basemap Ltd in Guildford, you will have the confidence to manage and take full ownership of this Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project - a collaboration between Basemap and the University of Surrey. To succeed in this role, you require a clear understanding of both the KTP programme and of the Company.Basemap specialise in analysing Big Transport Data and managing large public transport datasets. Their plans for 2018 include overseas launches and development for Electric Vehicles and hybrids.
This KTP is offered on a 31-month fixed-term contract and will provide you with the opportunity tobecome a technical authority in this subject area, which will substantially enhance your employability at mid-level after successfully completing the post. You will benefit from business-based training and career development, includinga diverse range of non-technical skills, such as project management and leadership. Thus, you will be demonstrably pragmatic, efficient, creative, highly-proactive and motivated to embed new knowledge.
What benefits can Basemap offer?
- 21 days leave per annum plus public holidays
- Potential for a permanent job at the end of the KTP
What benefits can you expect from the University of Surrey?
- Pension, Child Care Assistance, Cycle to work scheme, Season ticket loans
- Access to a wide range of courses offered by their Learning & Development programme
What benefits can you expect from the KTP Programme?
- Dedicated training budget for your personal development; opportunity to gain professional qualifications and an accelerated route to chartered engineer status.
- Access to academic support to help you deliver your KTP and university’s state-of-the-art CAV Lab,dedicated to connected and autonomous vehicle technologies.
Informal enquiries can be made to Dan Bance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address cannot be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview during the week commencing 21/01/2019.
Please be aware that as part of the KTP Programme, your application will be viewed by members of the host organisation. By submitting your application, you are giving consent to share your personal details with the company partner outlined above.
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
We acknowledge, understand and embrace diversity.
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Computer Science Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Guildford
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Guildford
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Guildford
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Physical Sciences Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Guildford
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term General Engineering Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Guildford