Learning Support Coordinator
Department Name College of Engineering
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Learning Support Coordinator is responsible for providing needed administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Support in the implementation of Learning Support Plan, strategies and actions in line with the University/College strategies for the development and enhancement of students’ learning experience and education.
- Provide a range of academically clerical and administrative support to the Section Head of Learning Support .
- Coordinate, track and ensure day-to-day availability of supplies and inventories for the offices and labs.
- Participate in community outreach, arrange community stakeholder meetings and be responsible for all minutes, plans, contact lists, and partner information.
- Facilitate the contribution of the academic staff and the peer tutoring in the Learning Support programs and activities.
- In charge of tracking the number of visitors as and when required.
- Establish and maintain data collection, reports (weekly, monthly, end-of semester)
- Report and present data findings/results/statistics.
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Business Administration or related field.
- A certification in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution is a plus.
- English is required.
- Arabic is preferred.
- Normally a minimum of two years of relevant business support experience in a university or service sector organization.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 14-Feb-2019