Research Professor in Chemical Engineering
Location Doha, QA
Department Name Gas Processing Center - College of Engineering
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
It has been proven that excellence in teaching and effective research are inextricably interrelated in today’s academic world, and that innovation in programs and classrooms is constantly enriched by those faculty members actively engaging in research. Like in most modern Universities around the world, one of Qatar University's strategic aims is to develop and enhance research that meets its standards of excellence. Our Office is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, and executive support for all elements of the University's research activities. The Office also manages the University's internal research funding schemes, and all aspects (other than financial) of external grants and research agreements.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Gas Processing Center (GPC) at the College of Engineering, Qatar University, is seeking highly qualified individuals for the position of Research Professor in the area of Water Research. The ideal candidate must have a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or a related field with strong credentials in Oil/Gas related Wastewater Treatment and Reuse. Strong background in process development, process design and optimization is highly desirable. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to strengthening the capacity and expertise of the Water Research Group at the Center. He/she is also expected to promote strong ties with the local Oil and Gas industry in water research, consultation and training. The ideal candidate must have a strong track record of published work in water research, indicated by a significant number of publications and excellent research funding. Most importantly, the Center is looking for a highly motivated and team-oriented individual who is interested to work and support the different research and teaching activities of the Center.The Gas Processing Center (GPC) is a state-of-the-art research hub that combines high-level academic and industrial expertise and facilities to address major challenges related to the gas and oil industry. A consortium of Qatari and international companies that are active in the Oil and Gas sector sponsors the center and most of the research areas and training activities of the center are developed in consultation with the consortium members. GPC conducts research and development in areas that are of great importance to the consortium members and provides pilot plants for scalable trials of numerous processes. GPC is the only Research Center in the region that focuses on Gas Processing Research and houses several industrial pilot plants.
- A Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in water treatment. Experience in oilfield processed and produced water treatment and management is preferred.
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Good experience in teaching graduate or undergraduate courses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract. Salary is commensurate with experience. Tax-free salary. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies. End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisment 28-Feb-2019