Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Clinical Pharmacy and Practice, Cross- Appointed
Department Name Clinical Pharmacy and Practice, College of Pharmacy
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
The College of Pharmacy is the first and only pharmacy degree program in the State of Qatar. The College offers 5-years BSc (Pharmacy), Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) and 2-years MSc (Pharm) degree programs. Our program is the first international program to be accredited by the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP) and partners with local and international education and health care institutions to support its academic and research mandates. As a lead College, the first of its kind in this country and a pillar of the Qatar University Health Cluster, we are undergoing constant change as we strive to achieve excellence while meeting our mandate, to provide its graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent pharmacists, to meet the health care needs of this society. The vision of the College is to be the leading pharmacy college in the Middle East region.
The College of Pharmacy, Qatar University invites applications for a full time faculty position at the Assistant/Associate/Full Professor level (Cross-Appointed) beginning August 2019. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This is a full-time professorial position in the clinical pharmacy and practice specialty with a cross-appointment to a health care delivery organization within Qatar.
- As for all professorial positions within the college, this position is responsible for scholarly activity, teaching and academic service.
- A professional service to the partnering organization is also expected.
- The successful candidate will teach and coordinate courses in Clinical Pharmacy in both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- The successful candidate will establish an active independent research program that incorporates undergraduate and graduate research.
- In addition, the candidate will engage in interdisciplinary collaboration with other colleges under the QU Health Cluster (including the College of Medicine, College of Health Sciences) in both teaching and research.
- Qatar University will be the primary employer and this position is candidate for academic promotion in accordance with university policy.
- Minimum requirements include an earned Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD or PhD degree from an accredited school or college of pharmacy.
- An appropriate research background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidates will also possess post-PharmD residency training qualifications and at least two years of clinical experience in a relevant clinical specialty.
- The candidate must have a strong research record commensurate with the rank sought as evidenced by publication in reputable peer-reviewed international journals.
- A research portfolio that complements the existing research strengths established by the Qatar University Health Cluster according to the Qatar 2030 Vision is preferred.
- A letter of interest.
- Updated curriculum vitae.
- A brief (1-2 page) research plan.
- A record of teaching excellence (or teaching philosophy).
- Three papers that best exemplify research interests.
- Three letters of reference.
The employment package is commensurate with experience and rank and highly competitive. It includes a 12-month tax free salary, housing, private health insurance, relocating expenses, financial support for school expenses of the faculty's children, and annual round-trip flight tickets as in line with the current Qatar University HR policies. Qatar University is committed to employment equity and values diversity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Applicants should apply online via Qatar University Jobs website.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisment 01-May-2019