Marketing Coordinator, Stanford Social Innovation Review
Since its inception in 2003, Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR) has grown to become the leading media entity in the field of social innovation. Through its award-winning magazine, website, webinars, conferences, social media, and podcasts, SSIR reaches hundreds of thousands of people each month. Its audience includes leaders from nonprofit organizations, foundations, business, academia, and government from around the world. SSIR is published by the Stanford Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society (Stanford PACS).
The marketing coordinator reports to the publishing & marketing manager, and works closely with the publisher, the publishing and marketing associate, and the commercial and editorial interns. The marketing coordinator also works regularly with the two associate editors. The manager will focus on supporting the commercial efforts of SSIR, including earned income from subscriptions, conferences, webinars, licensing, sponsorship, advertising, permissions, bulk sales and reprints.
The marketing coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- General Support:
- Monitor incoming customer service inquiries and intercede as needed;
- Support creation and scheduling of commercial social media posts;
- Develop custom performance reporting on sponsored programs
- Processing vendor invoices
- Support development of other publishing & marketing activities (ex. paywall development)
- Webinars Support:
- Supporting the publishing and marketing associate on developing webinar product pages, emails, and social media posts;
- Coordinating with the fulfillment vendor to set up registration pages;
- Scheduling rehearsal calls with webinar presenters;
- Securing presentation materials from webinar presenters and passing those materials along to third-party webinar platform vendor;
- Supporting in report generation for webinars
- E-Newsletter Support:
- Support scheduling of commercial emails;
- Coordinating commercial content for weekly e-newsletter with publishing and editorial staff;
- Reporting on performance of weekly enewsletter and dedicated email
- Conference Support:
- Supporting the P&M manager on conference logistics, including coordination and scheduling of speaker calls, and trafficking speaker materials
- Manage production of collateral materials for events
- Draft reports on post-conference surveys
- Partnership support:
- Manage delivery of materials related to external partnerships
- Maintain partnership agreements
- Provide administrative support to marketing team.
- Assist with marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including coordinating with internal stakeholders.
- Draft, edit, and schedule select marketing communications for a variety of channels (i.e., web, print, email, online).
- Monitor, track and report marketing program effectiveness.
- Review and report post-event/program/campaign data.
- Assist in quality control of data and marketing materials.
- Support the planning and execution of events.
- Support the creation and launch of tools and processes to improve marketing efforts.
- Contribute to vendor selection, arrangements, and scheduling, and coordinate vendor estimates and invoice processing.
- Develop an understanding of organization's major programs, services, events and products.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and creative.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules. Demonstrated team player.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum one year of experience in marketing, preferably in media or related industry.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target), Salesforce CRM, or other CRM system; Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator); Content Management Systems (WordPress, Expression Engine); Microsoft Office; and Google Analytics. Social media used in a professional setting (like Hootsuite).
- Experience juggling multiple deadlines and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Experience in a customer-facing and client-facing role.
- Strong interest in social change demonstrated through past jobs or volunteer activities.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
"Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job."
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide,http://adminguide.stanford.edu.