Marketing Operations Manager
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and taking care of what needs to be done. You have the courage to ask questions, share new ideas, and try new ways of working. You value making an impact by helping others become more effective at their jobs. And you thrive on collaborating with others and bringing together diverse viewpoints to make processes better and to achieve our business goals.
You make sure that your projects always run well, you love technology, and you thrive on learning new things.
- You build trusting, successful relationships with stakeholders through strong communication skills and personal accountability.
- You can motivate and energize team members to deliver great work.
- You pay attention to details and know how to keep track of multiple priorities, getting them done successfully in collaboration with a group of other talented people.
- You are highly productive, and able to focus on the tasks at hand to get things done yourself. You like to zoom out sometimes and think about the larger picture of how you work.
- You never rest on your laurels and instead look forward to improving the next time around.
As the Web and Digital Operations Manager, your goal is to provide management to paid search campaigns, manage operational tasks for digital advertising landing pages, campaign tracking, and contribute to effective channel operations and production. It’s a multifaceted job - and a rewarding experience filled with learning opportunities. Under the guidance of senior management, participates in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives, enabling programs, services, events and/or products to meet business objectives. Vendor management. Drives cross-functional collaboration across the organization.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Recommend and execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives. Responsible for leading paid search program, including strategic direction, daily operations and agency oversight.
- Manage the design and creation of landing pages (Cloud Pages) and oversee QA of digital advertising landing pages created by vendors.
- Responsible for setting up campaign tracking with Marketing Cloud to evaluate performance. Recommend tracking improvements and advances.
- Participate fully in the demand generation team, offering expertise and guidance for all programs including paid social. Manage marketing campaigns with vendors to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Analyze campaign effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Recommend marketing improvements based on findings.
- Manage vendors/consultants on specific projects.
- May oversee interns and other contingent staff; provide staff training.
- Manage deadlines and stakeholders. Communicate risk and changes as they happen.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands how to manage digital marketing programs across channels.
- Experience with analytics and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Salesforce Marketing and Sales Cloud and the ability to build landing pages for digital programs.
- Understanding of Google Adwords, Bing, Adroll and other digital advertising platforms.
- Nice to have: Asana Project Management Tool, Qualtrics, Google Analytics, and Tableau.
***Strong internal candidate identified***
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.