Lecturer I,Flint Nursing
Synthesis of knowledge with practice as students provide care for a group of clients under the guidance of a preceptor in a hospital setting. Clinical faculty direct learning experiences tailored to students’ needs. Students present cases and use nursing and other theories to support their evidence-based nursing practice. Emphasis on critical thinking, proactive clinical judgment, self-assessment, inquiry, and the role and responsibilities of the professional nurse.
Salary: $5,400 - Doctorate prepared $5,100 - Masters prepare
The UM-Flint School of Nursing has a LEO opening for a NUR 435 (Synthesis of Nursing Knowledge and Practice) clinical instructor in the pre-licensure BSN program for the winter 2019 semester at Genesys/Ascension Hospital in Grand Blanc, Michigan.
- Lead 12-14 students in a clinical experience at an acute care facility
- Identify clinical teaching associates (CTAs) for each student and orient CTAs on their responsibilities
- Facilitate clinical conferences with students on campus and grade clinical assignments
- Make site visits and meet with students and CTAs 2-3 times/semester, including visits at the beginning of the student experience and at the end of the rotation
- Communicate with CTA throughout the clinical experience about student performance, challenges and difficulties, and address any issues between students, CTAs, and agency staff
- Terms and conditions of employment for this position are subject to the provisions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the University of Michigan and the Lecturers Employee Organization (LEO) and SRP Local 6244, AFL-CIO.
- Minimum MSN
- Familiarity with Genesys/Ascension Hospital
- Unencumbered RN license in the state of Michigan
- Send letter of application addressing above qualifications; curriculum vitae; and names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to: Denise Shourd, School of Nursing, University of Michigan-Flint, 303 E. Kearsley Street, Room 2180 White Building, Flint, MI 48502-1950, fax: 810-766-6851, or e-mail: email@example.com.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.