Administrative Assistant,Student Affairs
The Student Affairs Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Registrar's Office in the College of Engineering, as well as overall support to the Office of Student Affairs on various one-off and limited-term projects.
- Provide general administrative support to CoE RO by greeting visitors, managing email, phone calls and office mail and CoE Bulletin
- Assist the Registrar with enrollment process, prepare student records and enforce the College’s policies and procedures
- Manage the pass/faill full-time student eligibility policy, including tracking, notifications, and managing federal guidelines for reporting
- Scanning requests, student records changes and Degree Audits into electronic student records
- Update/Edit CoE website, Curriculum Committee website, RO website, web-bulletin
- Provide administrative support to the CoE Curriculum Committee, including creating the agenda, providing meeting minutes, processing CARFs and Program changes
- Communicate information effectively in response to concerns from students, families, and departments via phone, letter, and email
- Monitor and evaluate systems and procedures, recommend and implement changes to improve delivery of services and improve student satisfaction; collaborate on the development, prioritization and implementation of technology initiatives relevant to student information systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree preferred; demonstrated project management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and consistently meeting those deadlines; professional communication skills, high attention to detail; familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google; demonstrated flexibility, teamwork and collaboration; ability to represent the College of Engineering and the Office of Student Affairs with a strong, student-centered ethic.
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/ .
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—along with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity .
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.