How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Applications and supporting materials must be submitted through the UMjobs.org website.
The estimated salary for position is $3412.50 per course section.
The University of Michigan Flint, Education Department is seeking a Lecturer I to teach EDR 672 - The Literacy Specialist. This position begins Winter 2019.
For similar postings in literacy education, please see EDR 344/361, and/or EDR 341
- Ability to teach EDR 672 - The Literacy Specialist
- Students in this course synthesize what they have learned throughout their program as they examine professional and leadership roles of the literacy specialist and skills necessary for Reading Specialist Endorsement
- The candidate must have a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Reading, Language Arts, Literacy, or related field.
- Experience working with teachers in the K-12 environment
- Demonstrated skill teaching at the University level, preferred.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Lecturers Employee Organization, AFL-CIO, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.