Senior Contract Administrator
2 days left
- Full Time
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan is seeking a Senior Contract Administrator to join our team in the Finance-Sponsored Programs’ Office of Contract Administration which maintains approximately 1000 sub awards worth $275 million. This position will prepare, negotiate and administer customized comprehensive sub awards and amendments in accordance with Federal, Sponsor and University regulations, terms and policies. The incumbent will be expected to operate independently, be a subject matter expert regarding sub award terms and conditions, frequently interact with our internal and external customers, and participate in on-going departmental initiatives.
- Prepare, negotiate and administer sub awards and complex amendments in a timely manner.
- Perform risk and compliance assessments on incoming sub award requests from University departments to ensure complete and accurate documentation concerning potential conflicts of interest, cost reasonableness, statement of work, and budget.
- Analyze applicable prime award terms and exercise independent judgment to determine the appropriate sponsor terms and conditions to be incorporated into resulting sub awards to mitigate risk to the University and maintain compliance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in providing appropriate and timely guidance to complex questions/issues from University departments, sub recipients and sponsors relating to sub award terms and conditions, regulations, policies, laws, etc.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with sub recipients utilizing significant personal judgment, initiative and business acumen to achieve favorable results and compliance for the University.
- Identify customer service needs and proactively take steps to lessen or eliminate excess burdens placed on University departments.
- Maintain organized electronic sub award files.
- Actively participate in on-going process improvement initiatives.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or a related discipline, and at least 4 years of experience working with Federally-funded agreements.
- Must be creative, have excellent judgment and strong decision-making ability.
- Proven effective communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to maintain positive and productive working relationships throughout the organization.
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- At least 8 years of experience working with Federally-funded agreements.
- Considerable experience drafting agreements which include appropriate Federal flow-down terms.
- Considerable experience in Contract Administration, Procurement, or a relevant business field.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Uniform Guidance Regulations, as well as the Federal Acquisition Regulations pertaining to universities is helpful.
- Working knowledge of the University’s MPathway and eRPM systems.
Sponsored Programs seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.