Course Advice Specialist
- Focused on high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community
- HEW 6, $ 77,616 - $ 83,686 plus 17% super
- Full-time, ongoing, Hawthorn campus
About the job
We are looking for a highly motivated customer service professional who is passionate in providing the best experience to a student has while studying with Swinburne and will be required to support students through their studies in a friendly and approachable way.
Reporting to the Course Advice Coordinator you will be accountable for providing specialist course advice to students in all facets of the areas of enrolment and study plan management. This position is physically located within a teaching area and is the key interface with academics, teaching staff and students for the provision of specialist student course information and study plan advice.
A key part of this role is to build strong working relationships with academics and teaching staff, be embedded in the business units and develop deep knowledge of course structures, study plans and award requirements to ensure student course enquiries are handled in a professional and timely manner.
The incumbent will be required to work flexibly across Student Administration and Library Services to support operational needs and to facilitate staff development opportunities.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Degree with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and specialist expertise or broad knowledge in technical or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Significant experience in the coordination of student client services functions and demonstrated ability to deliver high quality services to a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in the provision of customer service, quality and the promotion of a culture of continuous improvement
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Some of our excellent benefits include:
- Participate in regular staff and management development program
- Private health insurance discounts
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Lawrence Hudson, Course Advice Coordinator on 9214 8763.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5 pm Monday 10th December 2018
For further details on How to Apply, including Hints & Tips, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section.