VE Teacher in Fashion Photography
Expressions of Interest: VE Sessional Teacher in Fashion Photography
- School of Fashion and Textiles
- Diploma of Fashion Styling
- Brunswick Campus Location
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Fashion and Textiles is centred on the Brunswick campus which has 'state of the art facilities' in conjunction with a fashion and textiles teaching and research centre positioned in the City campus supporting postgraduate programs and research projects. The resources, facilities and environments within the school of Fashion and Textiles are conducive to enabling student's greater choice and opportunity so as to curate career pathways and provide for academic mapping that will reflect each individual student's strengths. Staff work across specialised fields and facilitate the development of creative research clusters within the school to assist the sharing of ideas within a collaborative framework.
The Role and Experience Required
The Diploma of Fashion Styling is a one year full-time program focusing on the foundation skills required for graduates to work across a variety of areas that express and promote fashion including personal, commercial and event styling.
The program is currently inviting Expressions of Interest for an experienced photographer to join the fashion styling team in 2019 as a sessional teacher.
Subject or industry expertise is required in the fields of
- Photography in the context of fashion styling
- Advanced skills in Adobe illustrator, with experience using both InDesign and Photoshop for the manipulation and enhancement of photographic images would be an advantage.
- The candidate will require a TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- The following 2 courses have not been completed as part of the TAE40110- completion will be required by 1st April 2019
- TAELLN411 - Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN)
- TAEASS502 - Design and develop assessment tools
- A current working with children check is also a requirement
Personal/professional attributes that are highly appreciated;
- A desire to assist students' learning
- A keenness to share your joy of photography in the context of fashion styling
- A belief in life as an ongoing learning journey
- An ability to balance self-belief with humility
- The resilience and adaptability to engage in a changing teaching and learning environment
- An ability to manage competing demands
We can offer you;
- An appreciation of you as a dynamic practitioner
- A supportive collaborative environment to share and explore your ideas
- The opportunity to assist students develop
- A diverse community of learners
- A team that values creative thinking
To apply please click 'Apply Now' and provide:
- Cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience
- CV detailing any relevant industry and teaching experience
Applications close: Wednesday 12th December 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information about the roles please contact Anni Juracich via email@example.com