Senior Researcher - Faculty of AgriSciences
Selection procedure for Work-stay of Senior Researcher from abroad in the Czech Republic
Faculty of AgriSciences
The Dean of the Faculty of AgriSciences of Mendel University in Brno (MENDELU) hereby announces a selection procedure for work stay of Senior Researcher from abroad in the field of Molecular Biology & Genetics.
Research topics of Senior Researcher at MENDELU
Cytokinin Response Factors in plant responses to multifactorial stresses
Sustaining agricultural production in a rapidly changing climate requires a detailed knowledge of the molecular basis of plant-environment interactions. Hormonal control of plant responses to environmental cues is receiving ever growing attention. A key role of a plant hormone cytokinin in plant responses to individual environmental cues is emerging. However, in their natural environments, plants are exposed to combinations of a number of abiotic factors throughout their lifespans. As a matter of fact, a plant has to cope with a single abiotic stress only rarely. Since in many cases stress responses are antagonistic, predictions of molecular responses to a simultaneous action of multiple stresses based on data for the stresses acting individually are difficult or even impossible. A role of cytokinin in these multifactorial stresses remains largely unexplored. The successful candidate will focus on deciphering roles of Cytokinin Response Factors (CRFs) in several multifactorial stresses including combined action of drought and heat stress, and cold/frost and light. To this end, a number of tools now available (i.e. reverse genetics, transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics) will be employed. The data obtained will form a base for integration of CRFs into models of plant responses to multifactorial stresses via systems biology approaches.
For the above announced mobility, 1 Senior Researcher will be selected. The Selection Committee decides on the selection of the particular candidate.
Duration of mobility: 6 months
Estimated start of mobility na 1. 5. 2019
The amount of work time during the period of mobility: 1,0 FTE (fulltime) on MENDELU with place of work in the Czech Republic – Brno.
Funding of the mobility will be fully covered by the Operation Programme Research, Development and Education project “MENDELU international development”
(reg. no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0007953).
Deadline for submission of applications: 16. 12. 2018
Selection procedure applications must be sent electronically to an e-mail: email@example.com
The person selected to participate in the mobility must simultaneously meet the following criteria:
- Be a Senior Researcher from abroad - A Senior Researcher shall mean a Researcher who was awarded a Ph.D. degree or similar (equivalent to Level 8 according to ISCED) 7 and more years ago and worked for at least 2 years over the period of the last 3 years in an organisation/organisations outside the Czech Republic in the field of research, with working time at least 0,5 FTE. Czech citizens are not excluded.
- Meet the following performance criteria of a Senior Researcher:
- H-index – minimum value of 20 (the Web of Science or Scopus is a source for evidence of required h-index value).
- A contribution in at least one international grant or national grant over the last 5 years as a solver or co-solver (to the selection date of the Researcher).
- Publication activity – in the last 5 years at least 3 publication outputs to the selection date of the Researcher (see Definitions of the terms used at the end of this document).
The applicant for the selection procedure submits the following documents electronically (scanned documents sent be e-mail to above stated e-mail address):
- Diploma (or recognition).
- Professional CV with a reference to publication activity.
- Document(s) proving activities outside the Czech Republic for 2 years over the course of the last 3 years (can be submitted in the professional CV).
- Evidence of the h-index value (an extract from the Web of Science or Scopus).
- Motivation letter, where the link to MENDELU will be described – previous or current cooperation with the workplace at MENDELU where the researcher will work. The benefits of such cooperation will be considered.
- Short description of planned research activities on which the Researcher will work during the mobility including description of connections to research conducted before the mobility.
- Justification of the need for realization of the mobility considering the research field and a particular workplace where the mobility will be realized, as well as the relevance of the research. The objectives and benefits of mobility must be specific and clearly defined (e.g. the establishment of new or expansion of existing cooperation, establishing of contacts with the workplace, knowledge transfer, the transfer of research methods etc.).
- Mobility schedule.
Definitions of the terms used
International grants shall mean funds received by the researcher in international grant competitions, particularly in H 2020, but also in other international programmes and schemes when an international or multinational institution decides on the selection of the grant beneficiary in the competition (e.g. European Commission, COST, European Science Foundation, foreign grant agency, foreign foundation awarding research grants etc.). At the same time, the International Grant must meet the following conditions: a) it is an international grant in the RDE field, b) projects from different states compete with each other, c) at least a portion of the funds received (private or public) originate from foreign sources.
Mobility shall mean a working stay of a Researcher from abroad in the Czech Republic.
National grants shall mean funds received by the researcher in grant competitions at the national level in the RDE field. Internal grants of individuals cannot be deemed national grants.)
Publication activity shall mean an expert publication registered in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time, publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.)