Deputy Vice Chancellor - Academic Affairs
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individual for the below stated position;
The position is based at BIUST, Palapye.
The position is offered on contract basis of up to five (5) years.
OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR – ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Main Purpose of the Job
- To establish and direct the academic agenda of the University.
- To assist the Vice Chancellor in providing leadership for the University’s planning process and takes a leadership role with respect to financial matters in the academic arena.
- Principal provider of academic, administrative and financial leadership for all faculties and schools of the University, and all of the support service units within the academic structure that support the academic mission.
- To ensure that the University achieves its strategic academic goals, vision and mission.
Qualifications & Experience
An earned Doctorate Degree in a Science, Engineering or Technology discipline.
Must have strong academic credentials attested by a full professorship from a Research based University
Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a senior academic and administrative leadership role (at the level of Dean or above).
A minimum of ten (10) years as a Full Professor with experience in teaching, research and administration. Knowledge and experience of University Systems
The position requires the following Competencies/Skills:
- Ability to formulate and communicate a clear academic vision within a teaching and research setting.
- Have a strong commitment to higher education and the ability to lead and inspire the Academic Affairs Team.
- Strong leadership skills, extensive administrative experience in higher education administration or directly related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Excellent entrepreneurial skills including proven budgetary, management and teamwork skills in an academic institution, and clear understanding of the social, financial and political implications on decisions made.
- Knowledge of academic programme development, implementation, management and assessment at both the undergraduate and graduate/post graduate levels.
- Proven skills in strategic management and coordination of academic activities, budgets and liaising with relevant academic sponsors or institution are a must.
- Ability to collaborate and relate effectively with all the University stakeholders including external bodies/regulatory or government institutions/senior industry executives and the wider community is a key requirement in order to achieve the BIUST goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to generate required consensus on strategic initiatives among diverse stakeholders including executive management, faculty staff and students and maximise available resources.
- Commitment to the delivery of quality educational support services with effective organisational and management skills including planning, assessment, financial and personnel resources management: ability to demonstrate innovation and creativity in the pursuit of the University’s academic goals and objectives is a key requirement.
- Must have high visibility and presence on campus and show commitment to a campus community that welcomes and celebrates diversity.
- Must demonstrate personal commitment to excellence
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter, certified copies of educational certificates and a detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two (2) recent professional referees to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Mrs Kesamang and Mr. Abram @
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
The position remain open until filled