Duties & Responsibilities
The overarching mission of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is to advance the public’s health through learning, discovery, and communication. To pursue this mission, the School produces knowledge through research, reproduces knowledge through higher education, and translates knowledge into evidence that can be communicated to the public, policymakers, and practitioners to advance the health of populations.
Reporting to the Director of Administration, the Office Assistant will provide broad, confidential administrative support for office operations within the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health's Dean's Office -- general reception, managing the flow of traffic, maintaining administrative files and supplies, and assisting with scheduling as needed.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Reception duties for the Dean's Office, including:
- Greeting visitors and walk in inquiries
- Answering the main telephone lines
- Mail logging and distribution to Dean's Office staff
- Reviewing email inquiries and triage to dean's office staff
- Parking arrangements and visitor badges
Administrative duties for the Dean's Office, including:
- Assisting with calendaring, arrangement of meetings, booking of travel, and preparation of materials as needed for Dean’s Office principals.
- Management of the Dean's Office conference spaces
- Ordering supplies for the Dean's Office and service for office equipment
- Updating Dean's office shared drives
- Processing requests for scans, copies, signatures and letters
- Assisting with filing, shredding and organizing dean's office files as needed
- Processing office financial transactions using online financials systems
- Providing backup support for other Dean's Office administrative staff and support for Dean's Office events as needed
- Special projects, and other duties as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term appointment of one year from date of hire, with the possibility of extension.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a benefits-eligible position with a 40 hour work week.
3 + years of related work experience required; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
College Degree strongly preferred.
Prior experience in academia preferred.
Previous experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint strongly preferred.
Prior experience working with either MAC or PC platforms.
Organized, responsive, detail-oriented, thoughtful, poised demeanor, strong judgment and display a willingness to go the extra mile. A team player who has great attention to detail, thrives working in a fast paced environment, at times under pressure and with changing priorities. Must exhibit sound judgment, tact and discretion when handling complex and confidential materials.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including: Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year. Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date. Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service. Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools. Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute. Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services. Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston. Join the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to support our mission of health research and education, and to be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
USA - MA - Boston
Dean's Office of Administration
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.