The Office of Undergraduate Admission assembles a freshman class of 1,700 students and a transfer class of approximately 25-40 students each year. We strive to build a class that cuts across a number of dimensions to add to a rich and diverse undergraduate educational experience for everyone. We believe that a student body that is both highly qualified and diverse in terms of culture, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, background, work and life experiences, skills and interests Is essential to the educational process and will provide additional contributions and dimensions to the Stanford community.
The Office of Undergraduate Admission seeks an Administrative Associate to provide administrative support to an Assistant Dean of Diversity Outreach and External Relations and a team of admission officers.
Your responsibilities include:
- Responding to inquiries, determining and taking appropriate action as required and serving as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Working closely with multiple constituencies including high school counselors, vendors, University faculty, staff, alumni, VIPs.
- Handling and dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Performing duties associated with scheduling and organizing conferences and domestic and international events (e.g., consortium travel sessions, counselor outreach programs, high school college fairs, admitted student receptions, Admit Weekend, etc.), including recommending vendors for services, assisting with the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Drafting and/or generating routine communications, coordinating production (formatting, copying, etc.) and disseminating of documents such as presentations, conference and admit reception materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Planning and scheduling calendar(s) based on consultation, resolving calendaring conflicts, and arranging domestic and international travel in compliance with unit and university (omit: sponsor) policies.
- Processing and monitoring routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Compiling and organizing data from a variety of sources (including researching the internet) to serve as basis for strategic short and long-term admission process and programming reports.
- Developing and/or maintaining databases for a variety of diversity outreach programs and annual processes.
- Assisting with work overflow and providing back-up for other departmental administrative needs, including Credentials operations and front desk work.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Oracle Financials) and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- High school diploma (Bachelor’s degree highly desirable) and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.