Performs general cleaning tasks; set and strike equipment and furnishings; set, adjust, and strike audio/visual equipment, use of portable and in-room sound systems, maintain cleanliness of equipment and conference rooms
- Perform general cleaning tasks
- Set and tear down conference room furnishings
- Set, adjust and strike audio visual equipment
- Respond to customer requests with a friendly and helpful attitude
- Maintain the cleanliness of all equipment used in conference rooms
- Report needed building repairs/maintenance to supervisor
- Report needed equipment repair/maintenance to supervisor
- Learn the proper cleaning techniques of upright vacuum cleaners
- Lifting heavy equipment
- Coordinating with other employees to complete task
- Think critically and problem-solve in a high-paced environment
- Transport, setup, remove and store equipment and furnishings
- Maintain the floor surfaces in all conference rooms, staging areas, break room, etc. by sweeping, mopping and vacuuming
- Clean tables and chairs
- Clean walls, windows, ceilings, etc.
- Remove and dispose of trash from all conference rooms, storerooms
- Clean and straighten all storeroom, av rooms, etc., as assigned
- Deliver, setup and adjust audio visual equipment
- Strike audio visual equipment and return to proper storeroom
- Assist customers with computer and sound equipment
- Applicants must be a current UM-Flint student.
- This is a position that requires physical activity. Applicants must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to remain active throughout any given shift.
- Need to be able to successfully work in a team environment.
- Evening, weekend, and early morning availability is required.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.