Customer Service Representative Intermediate
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Combine as one PDF (cover letter first, resume second) when applying.
The University of Michigan Logistics, Transportation & Parking Department is seeking a Customer Services Representative within the Parking Customer Services office located at 523 South Division. Position reports to the Parking Customer Services Supervisor.
- Serve as a front counter clerk assisting customers purchasing parking permits.
- Issue various parking options; verify customer's eligibility for options using Wolverine Access and Parking Management System databases; evaluate customer's needs to identify appropriate parking options.
- Receive and process cash, check, and credit card transactions for all types of parking options (Daily, Monthly and Annual Parking Options). Generate daily invoices; confirm accuracy and mail.
- Operate computer terminals to input all data from each customer service transaction into the Parking Management System and Access Control System, including setup for personalized payroll deductions, parking access, invoicing, service unit billing, personal information updates, and generation of daily paper permits.
- Assist customers with questions regarding parking and transit options. Customer Services Representative will provide customers with options based on parking availability, shift start/end times, work location, and location from which the customer commutes. Customers will be assisted via email, phone, at New Employee Orientation, and in small group meetings.
- Answer phone calls (Parking Customer Services general phone line) regarding parking and parking permit options.
- Under the direction of the office supervisor, participate in various database management activities and provide support for special projects, such as preparing various tracking reports, evaluating condition of new permits and decals for issuance, processing special mailings.
- Scan transaction documentation into archiving database.
- Complete transactions that were ordered via website from the previous business day.
- Assist with responding to parking, transit, and other related office emails.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail as well as sound judgment and the ability to problem-solve effectively within appropriate guidelines and parameters.
- Highly developed organizational skills, along with experience and competence utilizing and leveraging technology.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess a dedication to excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, and have a demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Must be an active team player with the ability to work independently; possess strong prioritization skills; ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment, and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Reasonable clerical experience, including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Must have an excellent phone demeanor and ability to think on your feet.
- Ability to move and transport 25 pounds.
- High school diploma.
- Significant preference given to candidates with knowledge of the University of Michigan parking and transit system (knowledge of bus routes, parking lot fill times, etc.) as well as the AAATA bus system. Someone who frequently uses alternative transportation is a plus.
- Strong knowledge/functional use of Google (email, Drive, etc.)
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a associates degree in business, marketing, transportation, or related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
30 hours per week - preferred schedule includes working 9-4 with a 1 hour lunch, Monday - Friday.
Shifts may rotate, depending on staffing needs.
7:15 am - 2:15 pm
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
9:45 am - 4:45 pm
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
Salary range of $30,500 - $35,000 corresponds with the full time rate for this position. This posting is for a 75% appointment.
This is a 1-year term limited position with potential for renewal
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.