Research Laboratory Technician Intermediate/Associate
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Lee lab is seeking a technician to work with a group of scientists focusing on the relationship between stress, aging and age-associated pathologies. This is basically an entry-level position, but more experienced technicians are also welcome to apply. Former Lee lab technicians/managers successfully advanced to the next level of their career in the Medical School or at the Biotech company. As we have done in the past, we would like to recruit smart and highly motivated individuals to fill this position and want to promote science as well as the person’s career in the biomedical fields.
- Will help postdoc researchers for different specific projects. Generally, this can include Suspension mammalian cell culture, Protein production, Animal handling, mouse genotyping, Recombinant DNA production, Immunoblotting, Quantitative RT-PCR.
- Lab management: Requisitions, Inventory, supervision and training new members, Lab reagents and maintenance, Equipment maintenance, Property disposition, Shipping. This can be mostly done by supervising and arranging undergraduate research assistants.
- Lab compliance: Lab safety training, Chemical waste storage and disposal, Biosafety, Radioactive services, ULAM
- HS Diploma or Assoc Degree
- Intermediate Level- 1-3 years experience
- Associate Level- 0-1 years experience
- BS in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, genetics, engineering or any related disciplines.
- Former experiences in lab environment.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Resume should contain contact information for 2-3 references.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.