Lecturer in Accounting
Location: Caulfield and Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $95,297 - $113,166 pa Level B (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directionsUtilise your expertise in teaching and education innovation
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
The Department of Accounting is dedicated to advancement of knowledge and the preparation of accounting professionals through high-quality teaching and research. The division promotes the culture of vibrant and collaborative research and various educational programs. Our team is committed in delivering excellent education courses, and impactful engagement activities with deep industry connections.
As a Lecturer in Accounting, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering accounting courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Demonstrating a scholarly approach to learning and teaching
- Contributing to disciplinary teaching pedagogy, research and business development
- Maintaining professional relationships
- Conducting and publishing, or otherwise disseminating high-quality and/or high-impact research either as a team member or independently and publications from that research in Accounting Information Systems and related areas
As a candidate for the Lecturer position, you will have a PhD in the relevant discipline. You will also have a solid research background with a commitment to publish in quality journals, have some experience in teaching in a tertiary environment and possess a high-level of interpersonal skills. Your demonstrated experience working in a collegiate manner will add value to this role.
You will also work with the highest calibre of staff and students in a cooperative and motivating environment with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure across Monash’s campuses.
Please note, the applicants who have applied for this role previously, do not need to apply again.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs".
Professor Carla Wilkin, Head, Department of Accounting, Carla.Wilkin@monash.edu
Wednesday 16 January 2019, 11:55 pm AEDT