Special Scientist in Electrical Engineering
FOSS RESEARCH CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy (www.foss.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS.
Application Code: FOSS2018SS-09
First Degree (with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering. PhD in Electrical Engineering.
Prior experience in any of the following fields will be beneficial:
- Power system analysis
- Modelling of Smart Grids and the integration of energy storage technologies and renewable energy sources
- Study of electric mobility
Ideally, the candidate will have prior experience in research projects in relevant fields to this post.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting Research
- Writing Reports and research publications
- Research Proposal Preparation
- Support in writing Research Proposals
- Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year) and postgraduate students
- Support in research project management
- Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
The monthly employment cost for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €2000-4200 (€14,28/hr - €30,00/hr). From this amount employer and employee contributions to the various Government Funds will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress.
13th salary and medical coverage are not provided.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- letter of interest for the position
- full cv, including description of past relevant experience
- copies of degrees and transcripts
- name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
by email to the following addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 8th January 2019. The application must include the application code FOSS2018SS-09. For more information please contact: Dr. George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email: email@example.com