Foundation Fellow in Economics
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Business and Economics
Department/School: Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research
Salary: $69,148 - $93,830 (Level A)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - 17% superannuation
Melbourne Institute: Applied Economic & Social Research
The Melbourne Institute: Applied Economic & Social Research is Australia’s pre-eminent economic and social policy research department that sits within the University of Melbourne’s Faculty of Business and Economics. The Melbourne Institute undertakes high quality, independent and impartial applied research, and contributes to the development of public policy in Australia. The Institute provides high calibre research to government, business and community groups. The work of the institute involves housing, creating, transforming, data that are developed under a range of methods and that require the use of a range of security and monitoring protocols (from low to high security).
About the role
You will be supervised by senior research staff in one or more program areas to further projects by collaborating in data collection, data analysis, data linkage and report writing. You will also be expected to provide data and analytical support to team members and will take on more complex tasks over the course of the fellowship.
This is an exciting opportunity for professional learning and growth. It is expected that after the 3-year fellowship concludes, you will have the skills and knowledge to transition to graduate school or take on a research analyst position in government, business or the non-profit sector. Throughout the fellowship program, you will receive extensive training to develop the capabilities for undertaking rigorous analysis of policy relevant questions.
- An Honours and/or higher degree in Economics or a related sub-field. Similar qualifications in another quantitative social science (health services research, psychology) or statistics/data analytics would also be considered.
- Experience in the collection and analysis of administrative date and survey data
- Experience in the use of statistical software packages
- Demonstrated ability to assist with applied microeconomic research and to develop further research expertise
- Strong analytical skills
- An ability and willingness to work collaboratively to ensure successful project outcomes.
- A track record in research and writing, and the potential to develop further research expertise
- An ability to liaise effectively with a range of people across all levels of the organisation
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Applications close: 11 Dec 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For full position information go to:
http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/listing and search by the job title or job number.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Economics & Econometrics Research Fellowships jobs in Parkville
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Fellowships jobs in Parkville
- Fixed Term Psychology Research Fellowships jobs in Parkville
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Parkville
- Fixed Term Business & Economics Research Fellowships jobs in Parkville