Clinical Subject Coordinator
3 days left
- Full Time
The Kellogg Eye Center seeks to improve lives through curing, preventing and treating eye disease. To perform basic tests and procedures under the close supervision of medical and allied health staff. Mastery of all basic tests and procedures.
We are seeking a candidate who can act both as a glaucoma counselor and study coordinator for the eHealth laboratory at the Kellogg Eye Center. As the glaucoma counselor for the study, you will implement a tailored educational and counseling intervention to improve adherence to glaucoma medications. As study coordinator, you will be responsible for implementing the study protocol, collecting data and maintaining adherence to regulatory guidelines.
- The counseling intervention in this federally funded study uses motivational interviewing to engage participants and facilitate behavior change.
- The counselor will use semi-scripted motivational interviewing during the three in-person educational and counseling sessions with patients, as well as during the five scheduled phone calls with each participant. The counselor will record and review audio tapes of patient sessions.
- The counselor will review session tapes with the motivational interviewing trainer weekly to ensure fidelity to the
- motivational interviewing counseling style and adherence to study protocol.
- The counselor will receive ongoing training in motivational interviewing to maintain good skills.
- To become an effective counselor, you will need excellent listening and reflecting skills as well as strong interpersonal communication skills.
- The counselor will communicate daily with glaucoma patients, research staff, and others to implement and ensure all intervention components are followed.
As study coordinator, you will be responsible for maintaining adherence to regulatory guidelines established by the National Institute of Health and the Institutional Review Board. You will receive training from our head study coordinator and will work with her to ensure that the study remains in compliance. You will need to coordinate follow-up care for patients in the study and communicate study findings with the patient’s health care team. You will need to manage data coming from multiple sources, including using a RedCap database. You will be in charge of patient recruitment and expected to travel to off-site clinics for patient recruitment and study delivery. You will be expected to help manage the multiple students who help work in the eHealth laboratory.
The ideal candidate will also be able to provide exceptional patient service.
- Familiarity with motivational interviewing.
- Experience with RedCap.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Experience working with an electronic health record.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree, preferably in psychology, public health, social work, sociology, or a related health field.
- Use Microsoft Office
- Participate and demonstrate competency in motivational interviewing after completing the provided training.
- Prioritize multiple tasks, manage data accurately, meet deadlines and adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
- Take initiative and work independently while maintaining effective communication and guidance from principal investigator.
- Be organized, reliable, and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate professionalism, flexibility and empathy.
- Be a good team player.
- This job is currently a grant funded 15-month position (term limited).
- However, there is the opportunity to grow with the research team and participate on other grant funded projects in the future. If there is interest and skill, there are opportunities to collaborate on publications and grant writing.
- If the appointment is not extended, it will terminate and will not be eligible for Reduction in Force (RIF) benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center seeks to improve lives through curing, preventing and treating eye disease. Guiding Principles: Teamwork, Caring, Innovation, and Integrity
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.