Health Technician Specialist
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Utilizes ionizing radiation to create diagnostic imaging radio graphs of designated anatomical areas in accordance with established practices and procedures of all age groups. Obtains patient history, explains routine procedures and addresses patient concerns. Provides appropriate patient care following the Radiology Gold Service Excellence guidelines to achieve successful completion of procedure. Exercise professional judgment in the performance of this service following the Code of Conduct of the ARRT. Contribute as a team member to enhance job stewardship mindful of Internal and External customer service standards.
- Obtain Diagnostic Images for Interpretation Understands and applies guest relation skills following the Patient and Families First Principles.
- Work consistently as a team member willing to assist everyone.
- Follow Infection Control practices utilizing aseptic techniques, observing Universal precautions, and patient safety standards.
- Possess a positive work ethic to enhance teamwork in a fast paced environment and accountability for actions.
- Graduation from a school of radio logic technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary. Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology is required within the first six months of employment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrates critical thinking skills, ingenuity, creativity and professionalism.
- Demonstrates understanding with all age appropriate guidelines for communication, positioning, radiation exposures and radiation protection.
- Excellent attendance record
To be determined.
Mott Ped Diagnostic - SPC 4252, Ann Arbor Mi 48109-4252
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.