Department Name Communications and Public Relations
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The External Relations Department was established in 2005 to ensure that the University's external and internal communications support and promote its image as a model national university.
The office is made up of 3 main Offices:
- Marketing Communications: aims to promote the University's reputation, through the production of print and electronic communications. It is comprised of three sections; Design and Production; Media, and Information Systems.
- Events: enhances the university’s image of excellence by working with departments throughout the University to assist them in mounting first class events. It is also responsible for supporting new faculty and staff with some of their relocation logistics.
- Alumni and Partner Relations: develops strong relationships between the University and its Alumni as well as other local and regional partners. The office also coordinates fundraising initiatives
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate special and varied off-site and campus events consistent with the strategic focus and image of the University.
- Ensure on-site execution of events with other University departments to ensure that activities run smoothly and follow appropriate protocol.
- Support Events to develop, plan and implement the program of special events for Qatar University including, but not limited to, dinners,conferences, conceptualize and recommend scheduling of events as appropriate.
- Support Events Section Head to plan and coordinate details of special events hosted by various University Officers and/or departments to include selecting site, menu, seating arrangements and itinerary based on event objective or theme.
- Coordinate arrangements for special functions including the management and tracking of invitations.
- Assist colleges and/or departments as requested with planning and implementation of various special events to range from giving advice,conforming plans to preferences and/or planning entire event.
- Assist Procurement department in the selection of relevant service providers.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum two year experience in planning and implementing special events and administer related activities with a corporate, government or an event management company.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisement 12-Dec-2018