Why Join the Department of Social Work Partial Hospital team?
As a member of this team, you will play a vital role providing direct psychiatric care for adults in a day partial hospitalization program. As a MSW on the team, you will complete psycho social assessments, conduct group therapy, and provide case management. This is in addition to providing individual therapy as needed, as well as psycho education to patients and families. You will be a part of a dynamic, versatile interdisciplinary team providing care to a diverse population.
The Department of Social Work strives to foster an environment of respect, diversity and inclusion; a place where every person feels valued and can thrive.
What Perks and Benefits Can You Look Forward to?
- 2:1 match on retirement savings
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage starting on day one of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Financial support for continuing education and certifications
You will be responsible for:
- Psycho social assessments
- Conducting group therapy
- Utilizing evidence-based treatments such as: motivational interviewing, DBT and CBT, crisis intervention.
- Provide care management for a case load of patients in the partial program and discharge planning to next levels of care.
- Providing psycho education to patients and families about psychiatric illness.
- Training and supervision of social work interns.
- Providing a high degree of flexibility and versatility in working with an interdisciplinary team.
- Required Qualifications*
- A Master's degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- A current full license (LMSW) to practice social work in the State of Michigan.
- At least two years of experience working with psychiatric patients.
- At least two years of experience on in-patient psychiatric units, partial programs, CMH, and/or emergency settings.
- Skilled in developing rapport and effectively communicating with a diverse patient population.
- Efficient, accurate assessment of patient needs and effective case dispositions.
- Effective organizational skills, flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks in a dynamic psychiatric care unit.
- Independent, sound decision-making.
- Effective collaboration with a large multi-disciplinary team.
40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, daytime.
Partial Hospital Program unit, University Hospital.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Advancement through the career ladder at the Expert or Clinical Scholar Level is required for placement in the MSW Senior Classification
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidate upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.