Postdoctoral Fellow in Aerospace Engineering
6 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Aerospace Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- The primary objectives of this project are to: (i) study the physical phenomena of 3-D turbulent wakes, and (ii) develop innovative and robust flow control methods for drag reduction of 3-D bluff bodies. Operational responsibilities include numerical as well as experimental investigations of the wake flow, different control approaches, and actuators.
- The initial numerical work will include studies of the sweeping jet actuator and the feasibility of its use in the control of the 3-D bluff body wake. The experimental work will focus on wind tunnel tests of a generic terrestrial vehicle model with an integrated suite of sensors and actuators. Closed-loop control will be developed based on the reduced order model of the wake flow, and/or using a model-free framework of Machine Learning.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering/Fluid Mechanics, or in a related field. Doctoral students close to completing their Ph.D. are also encouraged to apply. The candidate should have demonstrated excellence and potential for academic research. The advertisement is targeting candidates with interests in turbulent wakes, wind tunnel experiments, numerical simulations of turbulent flows, flow control and actuator physics.
- A strong background in scientific programming (Labview, Matlab, etc.) and data analysis is required. Previous experience in numerical modeling or experimental investigations of turbulent flows would be an asset. Fluency in English and good communication skills are essential.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Aerospace Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly