Postdoctoral Fellow in Electrical and Computer Engineering
6 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Conduct internationally competitive research in the area of MEMS sensor fusion. Publish results in Q1 journals. Present and communicate research in both written and verbal forms at high-quality international conferences. Contribute to proposal writing and submission. Contribute to IP development. Specifically, the assigned tasks include:
- Develop CAD tools for application specific IMU array
- Sensor failure and miscalibration detection in a large IMU array
- Analysis of data fusion instability due to sensor placement error, and making them stable and error free
- IMU data fusion system analysis for flexible bodies
- Structural analysis of IMU array physical system targeting space applications
- Contribute to a journal publication on the “Design of an accelerometer array with zero cross-axis sensitivity”
- Contribute to a journal publication on the “Physical design of a 3D IMU array with 3-axis accelerometers”
- Contribute to a journal publication on “Stable and accurate IMU array data fusion for accurate linear acceleration estimation”
- Contribute to student and intern supervision as needed.
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering or equivalent. Industrial experience is a plus.
- The experience required for this postdoctoral position is as follows:
- Design and implementation of sensor fusion platforms for MEMS sensors
- Design of stable arrays of Inertial Motion Units
- Mitigation of noise and non-idealities in MEMS sensors
- Mitigation of misalignments in arrays of MEMS sensors
- Compact, high throughput electronic interfaces of MEMS arrays
The skills needed to successfully conduct the assigned tasks include:
- MATLAB/Simulink: Expertise includes basic toolboxes to specialized toolboxes like Simscape, Xilinx Sysgen, Embedded System toolboxes for Texas Instrument DSPs etc.
- C, C++, Verilog HDL, assembly language with deep understanding of processor design
- MEMS analysis and design experience in CoventorWare and MEMS+ for
- Circuit design experience in Cadence Spectre, NGSpice
- Digital system design experience in Xilinx ISE and Vivado
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly