Teacher, Cyber Security
- Provide high-quality teaching and active engagement with industry and community
- Design, Media & Information Communication Technology Department
- Casual teaching role, Hawthorn location, $51.16 – $78.23 per hour
Bring your expertise to Swinburne’s Vocational Education sector and play an integral role in delivering teaching to the next generation of Cyber Security learners.
About the job
An exciting new ICT course is being offered next year and if you are a passionate teacher with Cyber Security expertise then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a casual teacher to inspire, engage and educate our students for the 21st century. You will implement industry best practice and apply current learning technologies and contemporary learning pedagogies.
You will work collaboratively within a team of education professionals. Within this team environment, they will plan deliver, assess, evaluate and ensure compliance of high quality education and training programs.
This role requires our teachers to be able to customise and adapt our programs to meet our learners and clients’ needs that vary from certificate level through to diploma and associate degree levels.
This is an exciting time to join Swinburne as we experience great growth.
It goes without saying, you will have:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or its successor)
- Relevant degree or vocational qualification in areas applicable to Networking or ICT
- Demonstrated ability to implement high quality innovative teaching and learning programs in a variety of learning modes, which respond to a diverse range of student and client needs. (Teaching and Assessment, Skill areas: Evidence based practice and research, Cultural competence, innovation)
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the attached position description
Some of our excellent benefits include:
- Participate in regular staff and management development program
- Discounted private health insurance
- Discounted Myki
Further information, contacts and support
If this sounds like you then please click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please indicate in your cover letter which position you are applying for.
For further information about the position, please contact Andrew Roadknight (Manager – ICT) on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 11 pm, Sunday 13th January 2019.
For further details on How to Apply, including Hints & Tips, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section.