- Full-time, Casual position
- Located at the Bendigo Campus
- $42.24 per hour
About the position
Reporting to the Team Leader, Regional Science Operations, this position will have responsibility for the provision of a range of technical services and advice to ensure the effective maintenance of the capability and operation of the research and teaching laboratories at the Bendigo Campus.
The Technical Officer will have key responsibility for the maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment and instrumentation across the Schools of SHE College at Bendigo. Additionally the successful applicant will provide technical support for the delivery of undergraduate laboratory sessions pertaining to the Bachelor of Engineering courses with Electronic Engineering being the primary focus.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Completion of an Engineering degree (preferably Electronic or Industrial) without subsequent relevant work experience; or a certificate in electronics with extensive subsequent experience; or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Understanding of Health and Safety regulations and procedures and ability to apply these in the day-to-day performance of the functions of the position.
- Demonstrated analytical and technical problem solving capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams.
- Ability to train staff and students in laboratory techniques and in the use of laboratory equipment
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
How to apply
Closing date: Tuesday, 11 December 2018 by 11.55pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Barbara Udale, +61 3 9479 7399 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter; and
- An up to date resume.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.