Research Administration Officer
- Exciting opportunity to provide administrative services and operational support to the ForeFront Ageing and Neurodegeneration research group
- Located at Brain and Mind Centre, Mallet Street, Camperdown Campus
- Fixed Term, full-time for 2 years with opportunity of possible extension and base salary $73K p.a plus superannuation
About the opportunity
The Research Administration officer will be responsible for administrative services and operational support to the Chief Investigators and their team to support the research activity and requirements for the work area. Coordinates all calendars and travel arrangements of the Chief Investigators, coordinates all small grant administration and support within the ForeFront group ensuring ethics compliance and tracking finances, coordinates all student administration within the ForeFront group, and assists with the administrative running of the ForeFront group by coordinating and minuting all work meetings.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Administration Officer who possesses the below:
- Tertiary qualifications in appropriate discipline and/or relevant experience in related field, knowledge and background in science is preferred
- advanced skills data analysis, using statistical analysis tools, and reporting on research findings
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day to day operational matters
- project experience in carrying out scientific literary searches, and preparing literary reviews for further analysis
The successful candidate will also have knowledge and experience with financial tracking of research projects and an understanding of relevant aspects of the Work Health and Safety Policy and relevant legislation, including Safe Laboratory Practices, as applicable to the work environment.
More information about the ForeFront research group at the Brain and Mind Centre can be read here:
The Research Administration Officer addresses routine matters linked to the provision of administrative and operational support for the research work being undertaken by the work area. Under the guidance of the Chief Investigator / Research Manager and their collaborators, the incumbent will be expected to exercise some initiative and judgement in the preparation and submission of grant/ethics applications and research publications, ensuring requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner. The Research Administrative Officer makes day-to-day decisions to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administrative services to the work area.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2249/1118F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm 10 December 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.