Teacher in Games Programmer, Games 3D Artist/Web Development
- Teaching roles within Information Communication Technology Department
- Provide high-quality teaching and active engagement with industry and community
- Casual teaching role, Hawthorn location, $51.16 – $78.23 per hour
Bring your expertise to Swinburne’s Vocational Education sector and play an integral role in delivery teaching to the next generation of ICT learners.
About the job
Swinburne’s Vocational Education sector is growing and we are looking for casual teachers in our Business Design Media & ICT Department.
If you are a teaching professional and have expertise in one of the following, then we want to hear from you:
- Games 3D Artist (Casual Teacher)
- Games Programmer (Casual Teacher)
- Web Development (Casual Teacher)
We are looking for casual teachers to inspire, engage and educate our students for the 21st century. You will implement industry best practice and apply current learning technologies and contemporary learning pedagogies.
You will work collaboratively within a team of education professionals. Within this team environment, they will plan deliver, assess, evaluate and ensure compliance of high quality education and training programs.
This role requires our teachers to be able to customise and adapt our programs to meet our learners and clients’ needs that vary from certificate level through to diploma and associate degree levels.
This is an exciting time to join Swinburne as we experience great growth.
It goes without saying, you will have:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or its successor)
- Demonstrated ability to implement high quality innovative teaching and learning programs in a variety of learning modes, which respond to a diverse range of student and client needs. (Teaching and Assessment, Skill areas: Evidence based practice and research, Cultural competence, innovation)
- Relevant degree or vocational qualification in areas applicable to one of the following:
- Game Programming or Development, 3D Art & Animation
- Website Development or Programming
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the attached position descriptions
Some of our excellent benefits include:
- Participate in regular staff and management development program
- Discounted private health insurance
- Discounted Myki
Further information, contacts and support
If this sounds like you then please click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please indicate in your cover letter which position you are applying for.
For further information about the position, please contact Andrew Roadknight (Manager – ICT) on email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 11 pm, Sunday 13th January 2019.
For further details on How to Apply, including Hints & Tips, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section.