- Wash pots and pans, operate three-compartment sink, Power Soak, and rack washer. Record water temperature and sanitizing pH levels accurately in log.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors, clean hand wash sinks, floor drains, floor mats, and various kitchen equipment (i.e. kettles, hoods, ovens, steamers, etc.)
- Empty and remove garbage and clean garbage containers as needed.
- Keep work equipment cleaned and sanitized, including maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Complete special project cleaning duties as assigned.
- Receive and put stock away, including inspecting items for damage, past expiration dates, as well as verify freight bills from vendors and report any discrepancies to Manager.
- Date all received items and rotate stock using First In First Out method, and record food temperatures accurately in log.--Make deliveries to outside departments as ordered and in a timely manner.
- Take inventory and assist in reconciling any stock shortages.
- Previous experience cleaning in an institutional setting.
- Previous experience managing inventory.
- Experience performing physical job tasks safely. This includes but is not limited to lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, reaching, standing (up to 8 hours), and pushing and pulling up to 35 pounds
- Excellent communication skills: ability to read English with comprehension, listen effectively, speak and write clearly, and accurately follow written instructions, including job routines, directions, and precautions on chemical product labels.
- Ability to perform excellent customer service. This includes but is not limited to demonstrating respect for coworkers, working effectively on a team, as well as working independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace.
- Excellent attendance history.
Work hours are flexible, 40 hours per week. Must be willing to work holidays and weekends if needed.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.