Senior Lecturer In Electrochemical Engineering, State of Health
Application closing date 05/12/2018
Faculty / School or Service Centre for Advanced Low-Carbon Propulsion Systems (C-ALPS)
Salary £38,467 - £54,772 per annum
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Job category/type Academic
This role will be within the Centre for Low-Carbon Propulsion Systems (C-ALPS). You will join a newly created research centre with high levels of industry engagement. This is an exciting opportunity for you to significantly expand your technical research skills within the strategically important area of energy storage, in particular supporting activities in development of lithium ion batteries and electrochemical energy storage.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to help develop State of Health assessment for automotive modules. There are four parallel tasks within the project:
- Disassemble automotive packs to base modules
- Use pulse power and capacity analysis to grade the state of health of modules
- Use Impedance Spectroscopy to analyse the state of health of modules
- Use Impedance Spectroscopy to get an indication of the State of Health of cells within the modules.
You will hold a PhD level qualification, and have undertaken relevant post-doctoral research as part your background and be able to demonstrate appropriate industrial experience in energy storage materials.
You will need to share our passion for delivering a positive student experience that puts excellence in teaching and learning at the heart of everything we do and will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge in your area of specialisation to support the centre's research culture.
Successful candidates will become an active member of C-ALPS. As such you will actively contribute to research groups or communities of practice internally and externally, assisting with bids and tenders for external projects or contracts. You will also disseminate research outputs and develop external networks nationally and internationally.
In return we will provide you with a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 38 days holiday plus bank holiday, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.
If you require further information about this position, please contact us for an informal discussion:
Contact: Kerry Gallagher, 07392 096122
Closing date: 5th December
Interviews: 13th December
More searches like this
- £50,001 - £60,000 Permanent Engineering & Technology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Coventry
- £50,001 - £60,000 Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Coventry
- £50,001 - £60,000 Permanent Chemical Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Coventry