Administrative and Member Relations Officer
International Population Data Linkage Network (IPDLN)
- Exciting opportunity to work with an international network
- Level 6, part-time (0.5FTE) appointment on a two year fixed term basis
- Salary range: $78,222 to $82,729 pro rata plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Chief Executive of the Population Health Research Network (PHRN), based at UWA, has been appointed to the role of Director of the International Population Data Linkage Network (IPDLN) for a two year period commencing January 2019.
The IPDLN facilitates communication between centres across the world that specialize in data linkage and users of the linked data. The IPDLN has over 500 members worldwide. The IPDLN Administrative and Communications Officer will provide support for the Director, the Executive Committee and the broader IPDLN membership.
About the opportunity
You will provide senior administrative and executive support to the IPDLN Director and support the communication activities of the IPDLN. You will also support the development and implementation of member engagement activities and maintain and expand the IPDLN membership database and website, while supporting the IPDLN communication activities including newsletters and social media. In addition, you will provide executive support to the Executive Committee including preparation of meeting agendas and minutes, and administrative support to the 2020 IPDLN Conference, to be held in Adelaide in October 2020.
To be successful in this position, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent competency
- Substantial relevant senior administrative and committee/executive support experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and networking skills including the ability to communicate with diverse groups of people within public, private and non-government sectors
- Experience in implementing effective communications strategies and modes of communication including publications, print production, advertising, events, electronic media and social media
- Highly developed organisational skills and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge in the area of population data research/science is desirable
- Experience with a research or membership-based organisation is desirable
About the Campus
We work at one of Australia’s most beautiful university campuses, with some of the most inspiring people on the planet. In addition to facilities such as gym, library, swimming pool and childcare, we have great public transport links and end of trip facilities so you can ride, run or walk to work.
Closing date: 4 pm Wednesday, 12 December 2018
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.