Assistant Professor in Veterinary Parasitology
4 days left
- Full Time
The position is responsible to the Dean, through the Head of Department, Veterinary Science and Head of School, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry.
The appointee will be required to teach Undergraduate and Postgraduate course in Parasitology as well as other Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry courses, developing undergraduate programmes, producing research publications and undertaking consultancy activities in the area of expertise in the region. All activities related to teaching such as regular review of courses, upgrade of equipment and resources, development of new programmes should be carried out in a professional manner. Activities associated with tutorials, lecturing, exam paper preparation, marking are to be implemented in accordance with the policies and procedures of the University
- PhD in relevant field OR Masters in relevant field Plus Professional Qualification
- Research Active
- Should be eligible for registration as a veterinarian under the Fiji Veterinary Surgeons Act.
- The list of recognized Universities under Fiji Veterinary Surgeons Act can be obtained from our website.
- Ability to take on administrative duties
- Display academic leadership
- Formal tertiary teaching qualification
- Prior teaching experience
- Demonstrates evidence of ongoing Publications in ranked journals
Base salary of $56,942.00 plus 10% superannuation.
College of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry
Department of Veterinary Science
Nausori - Koronivia