Assistant Professor in Veterinary Microbiology
The position is responsible to the Dean, through the Head of Department, Veterinary Science and Head of School, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
The appointee will be required to teach Undergraduate & Postgraduate courses in Microbiology and other courses in Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry courses, develop undergraduate programmes, produce research publications and undertake consultancy activities in the area of expertise in the region. All activities related to teaching such as regular review of courses, upgrade of equipment and resources, development of new programmes should be carried out in a professional manner. Activities associated with tutorials, lecturing, exam paper preparation, marking are to be implemented in accordance with the policies and procedures of the university.
- A PhD in relevant field or Master’s degree in Veterinary Microbiology plus qualification
- Should be research-active.
- Should be eligible for registration as a veterinarian under the Fiji Veterinary Surgeons Act.
- The list of recognized Universities under Fiji Veterinary Surgeons Act can be obtained from our website.
- Ability to take on administrative duties.
- Display academic leadership in teaching and/or in research specialty.
- Formal tertiary teaching qualification.
- Prior teaching experience.
Base salary of $56,942.00 plus 10% superannuation.
College of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry
Department of Veterinary Science
Nausori - Koronivia