Head of Learning and Teaching, Governance and Accreditation
- Learning and teaching leadership across the Faculty, including oversight of Governance
- Effectively lead and manage international and domestic accreditation projects
- Full-time, continuing position located at our St Patrick’s Campus in Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Office of the Executive Dean, Faculty of Law and Business provides leadership within the University and externally. The Office seeks advancement of the Faculty consistent with the University’s mission, strategic direction and identity as a Catholic higher education institution. Staff of the Office of the Executive Dean are expected to motivate and communicate effectively with staff, students and external stakeholders, and to manage the Faculty’s resources to achieve the optimum outcomes for the University.
The Head of Learning and Teaching, Governance and Accreditation leads and oversees the planning and delivery of Faculty-wide Teaching and Teaching, Governance and Accreditation services and projects.
- contribute to the continuous development of an exceptional learning culture at ACU
- lead and manage the development and implementation of learning and teaching plans
- consult and engage with academics and other stakeholders to learning and teaching is relevant and responsive to the changing needs of the Faculty and University
- be accountable for the development and design of learning solutions aligned to the strategic objectives of the University
- provide effective leadership, supervision and planning that promotes the delivery of high standards of expertise and service across the University.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A PhD in a business discipline or a related area with substantial relevant practitioner experience
- extensive recent experience in designing, reviewing and monitoring of a range of learning and teaching related activities
- high level interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and facilitation skills
- ability to lead and manage a small team of professional staff
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
This is a full-time continuing appointment at Academic Level C or D, dependent on the candidates level of academic achievement
(Academic Level C) - total remuneration valued to $145,618 - $158,103 pa, including salary component $123,300 - $133,971 pa, plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
(Academic Level D) - total remuneration valued to $165,042 - $181,683 pa, including salary component $139,902 – 154,125 pa, employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Sophia Amor-Smith, Faculty Manager (02) 9465 9206.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Closing Date: Monday, 10 December 2018 at 11.55pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.