Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Psychology
- Significantly contribute to excellence in teaching and learning in the Psychology discipline
- Conduct research in psychology in an internationally recognised School
- Full-time continuing role based in Strathfield, Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate and active contribution to them.
The National School of Behavioural and Health Sciences has a strong emphasis on quality training in undergraduate and professional programs in psychology, exercise science, and general science. The discipline of psychology fosters research of international standing, and research training in areas of strength across social psychology and cognitive neuroscience, clinical and health psychology, developmental and educational psychology.
The Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor will provide high quality teaching on the Strathfield campus and nationally. The successful applicant will provide mentoring to early-career researchers in the discipline and make a major contribution to the training and supervision of students in both the fourth year and postgraduate psychology programs.
You will have:
- PhD in Psychology or related discipline
- Demonstrated effectiveness in student-centred teaching
- Demonstrated track record of (peer-reviewed) research publications
- A track record of effective supervision of HDR and other postgraduate students in developing and implementing research projects in the discipline area.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Confidence and courage in achieving ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values by connecting the purpose of one’s work to ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Communication with purpose. Gain the support of others for actions that benefit ACU. Demonstrated track record of research leadership, including high quality publications and competitive research grants.
- Take personal accountability for achieving the highest quality outcomes through understanding the ACU context, self-reflection, and aspiring to and striving for excellence.
The University pursues on excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $145,618 - $158,103 pro rata per annum, including salary component $123,300 - $133,971 pro rata per annum (for Senior Lecturer, Academic Classification Level C), OR $165,042 - $181,863 total remuneration per annum, including salary component $139,902 - $154,125 per annum (for Associate Professor, Academic Classification Level D), plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr Francesco Foroni (Assistant Deputy Head, Behavioural and Health Sciences) on (02) 9701 4538.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
CLOSING DATE: Monday 10 December 2018 at 11.55pm (EDST)