Senior Administrative Assistant
Provides high level administrative support and customer service to Department Chair, Lead Administrator and Faculty Support Supervisor for the Department of Pathology.
- Providing high level professional executive support to Department Chair.
- With the input of the Chair and various faculty, coordinates on campus visits for department visitors.
- Event planning and management of high level academic lectures, receptions and meetings.
- Ensures timely reviews of information related to expense reporting by establishing reasonable schedules.
- Greets visitors and serves as the public face of the Chair's Office through interactions with School, University and Hospital leadership.
- Under the supervision of the ITS Program Director, performs regular updates and maintenance of online faculty profiles.
- Assist the Faculty Support Supervisor in the collection of information for the department newsletter and social media outlets.
- Serves as member of support teams and provides back-up for other support staff.
- Maintains records as required by Yale or government policy.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversees and coordinates administrative, program, and office activities. Establishes, selects, implements, and coordinates office procedures and systems. Serves as principal source of information to students, staff, and faculty on policies, procedures, programs, and office activities.
- Oversees, instructs, and coordinates activities of support staff. Oversees the preparation of materials for grants, contracts and budgets. Monitors expenditures and reconciles financial statements.
- Provides editorial support for a journal/publication. Proofreads and edits material for grammatical and factual accuracy. Tracks copy through various editing and production stages. Communicates with authors, printers, and others concerned with published work.
- Determines administrative, facility, and equipment needs for symposia, lectures, seminars, and conferences. Assembles and arranges for necessary items. Determines sources of data. Compiles, synthesizes and manipulates data. Summarizes findings and writes reports or portions of reports.
- Greets visitors. Answers and screens telephone calls. Assesses nature of business. Responds to requests for information and provides assistance. Screens and responds to mail.
- Formats, keyboard, proofread, and edits correspondence, reports, manuscripts, grants, and other material. Assembles attachments and corresponding material. Reviews outgoing material for completeness, dates, and signatures. Composes substantive correspondence and written material.
- Coordinates travel arrangements. Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments. Orders and maintains inventory of supplies. Takes minutes or dictation. Performs additional functions incidental to office activities.
Required Education and Experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability coordinating travel arrangements and processing expense reports. Demonstrated ability updating department website and intranet. Ability to interpret policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines accurately.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated ability in an administrative support role. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks, creatively problem-solve, and meet tight deadlines independently and as part of a team. Must have strong attention to detail skills. Must be highly organized with a professional demeanor.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Advanced computer skills; including advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Demonstrated ability with web-based systems including knowledge of MAC. Demonstrated ability handling complex calendaring.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to deal effectively with all levels of faculty and staff with outstanding customer service skills. Proven ability to draft, edit, and proofread correspondence for content, style, and grammatical accuracy; excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Ability to assist the Faculty Support Supervisor in the collection of information for the department newsletter and social media outlets.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelors degree preferred. Workday experience preferred.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.